bellies & babies
It’s true what they say, they really do grow up so fast. That’s why I love to photograph newborns. Those fleeting moments, days after your sweet new babe arrives home are gone before you know it. The connection and the love are so powerful and strong. Authentically love-filled, your babe is so small and so sweet. I want to help you remember that forever.
- “It takes a creative and patient photographer to capture such natural and stunning photos of a family of five, and Vairdy delivered! She was relaxed and engaging, able to convince us parents to sit back and enjoy the process, and she even convinced my two older kids to hug for a photo! Her professionalism and laid-back approach made our family photo shoot feel like a fun day by the river with friends more than a formal affair, and I’m grateful for the beautiful images she was able to capture of our family.”
- What did you enjoy most about working with me?
“We most enjoyed getting a chance to work with YOU. Your personality and energy made it easy for us to be ourselves and actually have our memorable moments without feeling forced into them. Your processes are streamlined, which is a big deal to us since we don’t have a lot of time to spare fussing over things, while still wanting the opportunity to have input on the session and the final product.”
- What did you enjoy most about working with me?
“Your patience, understanding of the challenges of working with babies and young children, and your ability to capture the essence of our children and family so perfectly. Your professionalism and warmth.”
- “My husband and I are so happy about our choice to have Vairdy photograph our wedding. She was fun, calm, professional, and flexible, which is exactly what we wanted. Vairdy choreographed wonderful group shots and captured so many intimate “real life” moments that perfectly depict the spirit of our family and friends. Every time we look back on our album we are transported back to our wedding and get to experience the excitement and love of the day all over again. If you want easy, artistic and beautiful, go with V…you won’t regret it!”
- “Vairdy was very easy going and relaxed throughout the photo shoot. She was great with the kids and made us feel okay that our two year old wanted nothing to do with the process. While we tried to coax and cajole our children into being ‘happy’ for the photos, Vairdy snapped away in the background and pulled off some amazing photos. She worked magic. There are many good photos, as opposed to few, on a day where we weren’t sure how it was going to turn out. It turned out better than we could have hoped. Thanks Vairdy. We will be referring you to all of our friends and family.”
- “I wanted to write and say thank you for the amazing photos of our girls. You have managed to capture every smile they gave without any difficulties and we will treasure them forever. My 2 girls had so much fun with Vairdy, even my 3 years old was bit shy , but with Vairdy’s patients & energy she felt comfortable & followed her directions with big smiles.
It was great shooting with Vairdy. She was full of energy which helped keep our girls focused. Thank you Vairdy.”
- “Vairdy is an excellent photographer, she took photos during my pregnancy and of our newborn son. She was warm and professional while still having an excellent sense of humor. She was very patient but also made sure that the experience was fun and enjoyable! Vairdy brought a vision and creativity to the shoot that ensured that we got amazing photos!! Thanks to Vairdy we captured this amazing time in our lives in such a beautiful way!”
- “My Husband and I first had the pleasure of working with Vairdy five years ago when she photographed our Wedding. When I leaf through the album I still get emotional as the photographs unfold a beautiful story of one of the most important days of our lives. Vairdy has this uncanny ability to make you feel so relaxed, while capturing the true essence of the people she is photographing.”
- “It seemed only natural to want her to capture my growing belly while I was pregnant with my first son. We did a glamour pregnancy shoot and WOW! She made me look better than I did before I was pregnant. When I became pregnant with my second son, we conspired with Vairdy to come to the hospital and capture the miracle of birth. This was by far the best decision we could have made. Except for the warm calming smile when she arrived, I barely remember her being there. It is such a beautiful gift to be able to give someone – a story forever captured in photographs of the most important moments in their life. Thank you Vairdy.”
- “We had our photo shoot with Vairdy while our baby was just a couple weeks old… we had such a good experience! We felt very comfortable with her, it was like hanging out with a friend for an afternoon. It was so important to us for the photos to show the “real” us. She also was so great with the baby and let us control the shoot and do what we were comfortable doing. We look forward to having more photos done with Vairdy in the future as our daughter gets older.”
- “Vairdy—What can we say, you are awesome! Thank you for coming into our home and capturing some precious moments of our growing family. You were so great with our kids. Your gentle demeanor kept our newborn calm, while your fun energy assured our toddler stayed happy and comfortable. And the photos are AMAZING! We can’t wait to have you back for round three!”
- “We absolutely loved working with Vairdy to capture our growing family. We initially hired Vairdy as our newborn photographer for her non-kitsch, truly artful and real approach to capturing the essence. She worked under difficult conditions – a fussy 10-day old baby who didn’t seem to want to cooperate – and managed to get some amazing images of our wee little one with very few clicks of the camera. Vairdy has pure talent for her art form! We will be hiring her again soon to capture images of our second bundle of joy due in a couple of months.”
- “Vairdy has been an absolute pleasure to work with and we recommend her to all our friends expecting a new arrival. We are just delighted with the way she manages to capture the essence of our family, our lives, and our son during every photo shoot. She is incredibly professional, yet laid back and sets everyone at ease. With another one on the way I am sure we will be seeing Vairdy regularly for photos over the next few years.”
newborn sessions start at $500
- pre-session consultation over the phone to discuss and plan out important details like wardrobe and location
- in your home lifestyle portrait session… for an example, click here
- custom retouching: all your images are individually edited with love and care and attention to every detail
- musical slideshow available 1 week after your session… everybody loves these! For a sample, click here
- personalized viewing session in your home or over Skype 2-3 weeks after your session so I help you select images and design your custom artwork
- $300 credit for ordering prints/products at your viewing session
Option to add-on a mini maternity session at home or on-location is $150.